This week in the Holiday Grand Plan is the garage and storage. The garage is pretty much Tim's territory, but there are a few things there that I would like to get done this week. I'm also going to use this week to try to sort through the storage and stacks of stuff that I didn't actually get to over the weekend. Confession -- I have a couple baskets of stuff that got thrown together and put in the car as we left for the open house.
- Sort baskets of paper - file, recycle, shred - half done
- Clean hall closet - sort, pitch, donate
- Attack front section of garage - sort, pitch, donate
- Tool cabinet - sort, pitch, donate (consider moving what's left downstairs)
- Revisit Motivated Mom list to help maintain the house. - printed
- Make one batch of holiday goodies (figure out what I can make ahead and freeze)
- Decide one what I'm taking to Thanksgiving
- Inventory card situation
- Create Christmas Card list
- Buy Thanksgiving Dinner for church donation (goal: buy 2 this year) - done. Can I do 3?
- Pick an Advent option - done, will post pictures soon.
- Order on-line gifts
- Create Master Gift List for kids - done
I am still shocked how clean our house is right now. Tim even cleaned the carpets in a few rooms. I know it won't last. It never does. But I am hoping that I can find a way to at least keep it clean enough that I can have it "show worthy" in a short amount of time.
Any suggestions for frozen meals? Do you use an Advent Calendar?