Monday, November 8, 2010

Holiday Grand Plan: Garage and Storage

We had our first Open House this week, so I basically condensed the last couple months of cleaning in to 2 days. While I'm EXHAUSTED, it's so nice to have a clean house. Unlike other times I cleaned, I tried to avoid just shoving things in closets (since people will look in your closets). I still have a lot to do, but am much further than I have been in years!!!

This week in the Holiday Grand Plan is the garage and storage. The garage is pretty much Tim's territory, but there are a few things there that I would like to get done this week. I'm also going to use this week to try to sort through the storage and stacks of stuff that I didn't actually get to over the weekend. Confession -- I have a couple baskets of stuff that got thrown together and put in the car as we left for the open house.

Cleaning:
  • Sort baskets of paper - file, recycle, shred - half done
  • Clean hall closet - sort, pitch, donate
  • Attack front section of garage - sort, pitch, donate
  • Tool cabinet - sort, pitch, donate (consider moving what's left downstairs)
  • Revisit Motivated Mom list to help maintain the house. - printed

Holiday Prep:
  • Make one batch of holiday goodies (figure out what I can make ahead and freeze)
  • Decide one what I'm taking to Thanksgiving
  • Inventory card situation
  • Create Christmas Card list
  • Buy Thanksgiving Dinner for church donation (goal: buy 2 this year) - done. Can I do 3?
  • Pick an Advent option - done, will post pictures soon.
  • Order on-line gifts
  • Create Master Gift List for kids - done

I am still shocked how clean our house is right now. Tim even cleaned the carpets in a few rooms. I know it won't last. It never does. But I am hoping that I can find a way to at least keep it clean enough that I can have it "show worthy" in a short amount of time.

Any suggestions for frozen meals? Do you use an Advent Calendar?

1 comment:

K E Fleck said...

You are amazing! WOW! I'm in awe of all that you got done in such a short period of time. Way to go!

As far as freezer cooking, it seems like the most successful recipes I've been using have been coming from the freezer cooking session posts that Jessica and Chrystal do on LIfe as Mom and Money Saving Mom.

Love following your progress! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails