Monday, October 18, 2010

Holiday Grand Plan

Now that phase 1 of our house clean-up is done (in preparation for putting the house on the market), it's time to get deeper in to cleaning and organizing. I've been reading along with Kara's Holiday Grand Plan. She always inspires me. I'm proud to stay I actually know her in real life too! While I don't think I could catch up, I think I'm going to follow along with her for the remainder of the Holiday Grand Plan and hopefully fill in some of the past weeks when I have time.

Background: Holiday Grand Plan is a system by Katie Leckey and Cynthia Ewer of Organized Christmas where you break down all of your holiday tasks into weekly lists and complete a total home deep cleaning at the same time.

Week 8: Kitchen
I've already done a lot of cleaning in the kitchen, but this is one of those rooms where there is always more to do. It's also one of the rooms that is the hardest for me to slim down. I'm pretty attached to most of my kitchen gadgets, even though a lot of them are only used 1-2 times per year.

Cleaning:
  • Clean out cabinet under the sink - pitch any old or unused cleaners
  • Clean out and organize other cabinets - in progress
  • Clean out and organize drawers
  • Clean fridge - half done
  • Wipe down appliances
  • Clean microwave cabinet - done
  • Bleach sink
  • Reorganize hutch - done
  • Pitch, sort, donate
  • Mop by hand
  • Wipe baseboards
  • Wipe switch plates
  • Organize pantry - done

Holiday Prep:
I have a lot of catching up to do here...
  • Make one batch of holiday goodies
  • Make one freezer meal
  • Create Master Gift List
  • Purchase pumpkins for Halloween
  • Finalize costumes for kids
  • Make Halloween Felt Game
Catching up:
I need to revisit weeks 1-7 and finish some of them as well. I think I'll work backwards...

Week 7: Guest Room - we don't host guests for the holiday, but still need to work on the 4th bedroom for the sale, so this will be a good list
  • Spend at least 1 hour organizing desk area
  • Sort bookshelf. Donate any unneeded books to Better World Books
  • Spend at least 1 hour organizing closet
  • Fix window screens
  • Dust ceiling fan
I'm trying not to get too giddy about the fact that this totally feeds my love for lists! I think it's also time for me to revisit my Motivated Moms Calendar too. It'll be a lot easier to get ready for showings if I keep up with it as we go. If I get really brave, I'll add some before and after pictures along the way.

1 comment:

K E Fleck said...

Be brave - share pictures! (otherwise known as the "misery loves company" pitch LOL)

I don't get everything done on my lists each week, but I usually can catch up again during the weeks on the plan that don't really apply to me (like a guest room or the attic)

You are so awesome doing this and getting ready to put your house on the market! I inspire you? No, my friend, YOU inspire me!!!

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails