Background: Holiday Grand Plan is a system by Katie Leckey and Cynthia Ewer of Organized Christmas where you break down all of your holiday tasks into weekly lists and complete a total home deep cleaning at the same time.
Week 8: Kitchen
I've already done a lot of cleaning in the kitchen, but this is one of those rooms where there is always more to do. It's also one of the rooms that is the hardest for me to slim down. I'm pretty attached to most of my kitchen gadgets, even though a lot of them are only used 1-2 times per year.
- Clean out cabinet under the sink - pitch any old or unused cleaners
- Clean out and organize other cabinets - in progress
- Clean out and organize drawers
- Clean fridge - half done
- Wipe down appliances
- Clean microwave cabinet - done
- Bleach sink
- Reorganize hutch - done
- Pitch, sort, donate
- Mop by hand
- Wipe baseboards
- Wipe switch plates
- Organize pantry - done
I have a lot of catching up to do here...
- Make one batch of holiday goodies
- Make one freezer meal
- Create Master Gift List
- Purchase pumpkins for Halloween
- Finalize costumes for kids
- Make Halloween Felt Game
I need to revisit weeks 1-7 and finish some of them as well. I think I'll work backwards...
Week 7: Guest Room - we don't host guests for the holiday, but still need to work on the 4th bedroom for the sale, so this will be a good list
- Spend at least 1 hour organizing desk area
- Sort bookshelf. Donate any unneeded books to Better World Books
- Spend at least 1 hour organizing closet
- Fix window screens
- Dust ceiling fan