Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The coupons lured me back!

If you have a Meijer near you, it's the time to go. I've been shopping at Wal-mart a lot lately, but I couldn't resist the deals and coupons available this week. Here are some of the highlights:

* Kraft Cheese Slices: Regularly $3.19, on sale for $1.59 - $1/2 coupon = $1.09 each WYB2
* Kraft Naturals Shredded Cheese: Regularly $3.70, on sale for $2 - $1/2 coupon = $1.50 each WYB2
* Kraft Salad Dressing (16oz) on sale for $1.49 - $1 Kraft Coupon - $1 Meijer Mealbox Coupon = $0.51 overage -- YES! They paid me to buy salad dressing
* Cool Whip: On sale for $0.99 - $1/2 = $0.49 each WYB2
* Breyers Ice Cream: Regularly $3.67 on sale for $1.99 - $1 Coupon = $0.99
* Ego Toast Sticks (Troy's favorite): Regularly $2.69 on sale for $1.59
* Pepsi/Coke: Buy 2 24-packs for $9 and get a free 12-pack **Awesome price for pop**
* Watermelon: Regularly $5.99 on sale for $3.99

I also used other coupons - combining Meijer coupons with MFG when possible. I had a much higher bill than I have had in months, but I stocked up on things I know I'll use in the future - breakfast items, frozen veggies, shredded cheese, dressing, etc. In all I spent $105.26 and saved $53.15 (34%). This is the first time since I started e-mealz that I've spent over $100 at the grocery store but it was kind of fun getting so many great deals. I LOVE the recent batch of Kraft Coupons. I'm sure I missed some deals too, but I'm happy with what I did find.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails