Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Retail therapy... of a different sorts!

Today was a really rough day. Both kids were in a... mood. The morning wasn't too bad, but they both woke up on the wrong side of the bed after their afternoon nap. The 3 hours between nap and dinner seemed like an eternity. Once Addison was in bed and Troy was settled in with Dad for his night time routine, I decided I needed a little retail therapy. I know what you are thinking... doesn't that go against all I talk about. I guess it depends on your definition of retail therapy. For me, the retail therapy I needed was some good bargain shopping!!!

I had found some coupons that match up well with Meijer sales in my area right now. Here are some of my finds...

* Betty Crocker Warm Delights - Regularly $1.99, on sale for $1 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = FREE!!!! [I had two of these and it was the perfect treat to sooth my nerves after a long day.]
* Lysol Kitchen Cleaner - Regularly $2.59, on sale for $1.29 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = $0.29
* Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner - Regularly $2.99, on sale for $1.49 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = $0.49
* Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner - Regularly $2.34, on sale for $1.17 - $0.75 coupon [my store only doubles up to $0.50] = $0.42
--- There was some thing about a $3 rebate if you buy three different products, which would actually make this a money maker. I still need to investigate this. ---
* Cascade Rinse Agent - $3.56 - Free coupon = FREE
* Sargento Shredded Cheese - Regularly $3.70 on sale for $2

I ended up buying a lot of baby food and pop too, along with Fiber Bars not on sale (but had a coupon). In the end... I spent $23.33 and saved $23.22 (50%). I had a return credit from some thing collecting dust on my fridge, so I actually only paid $14.78 out of pocket. Not a bad night. I feel much better now.

Update: Here is the link for the Lysol Rebate. I actually found one for $5 off also, so it might be better yet. I might have to track down more coupons and get back to Meijer before the sale ends. Click here for rebate info.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails