Sunday, February 8, 2009

Walgreen's Run: Cost or Convenience

Some one once asked me how I decide between cost and convenience. The truth is that right now I chose convenience more often than cost. While I'm a very cost conscious person, I also have 2 small children (one who is potty training) so I am very in to convenience right now. I just try to find those items as cheaply as possible. Tonight was a good night for cleaning supplies at Walgreens. I just got back and am pleased with some of my buys...

* Fantastick 32oz Cleaner - On sale for $2.50 - $1 Coupon - $1 Rebate = $0.50
* Windex 26oz - On sale for $2.50 - $1 Coupon - $1 Rebate = $0.50
* Scrubbing Bubbles Wipes - On sale for $2.50 - $1 Coupon - $1 Rebate = $0.50
* Pledge Wipes - On sale for $3.50 - $1 Coupon - $1 Rebate = $1.50
* Lysol Neutra Air - $3.79, had a BOGO attached plus I had a BOGO coupon so I got 3 for the price of 1
* Oust - $3.99 - BOGO Coupon - Rebate (not sure if it's $1 or $2) = Either 2/$2.99 or 2/$1.99????
* Energizer batteries - Regularly $4.99, on sale for $2.99 - $1 Coupon = $1.99
* Progresso Soup - On sale with Wag's Coupon for $1.25 - $1.10 Coupon = $0.15 (only 2 prints available at the link below)
* 7-up 2 liters - 4/$5 - $2 RR = Like 4/$3 when you buy 4

For a full list of deals and links for printable coupons, please look here.

I also picked up a couple other things I had coupons for (like free windex wipes w/rebate) and a couple that weren't on sale (like spray bottles), but I still had a great savings day. I used my Walgreen's Rebate gift card with December's rebates of $13.20 and a $5 RR from the Right Guard Pro last week. In all, I spent $28.43, saved $42.59 (60%), and earned $2 in RR plus $5 or $6 in rebates.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails