Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Think twice!

So, I'm getting ready for my son's 3rd birthday. He really wants a Mickey birthday. I looked at the Family Dollar and Meijer, but didn't have much luck finding party supplies I was looking for. Some one tipped me off to the Card & Party Outlet store. I was thrilled to find a great selection of Mickey things and since I had extra money in the blow fund this month, I did just that. Blew the money on Mickey decorations. Then tonight I needed to run to Wal-mart for a few things I had forgotten. I had no intention of going to the party supply section since I already had what I needed, but my cart just sort of made its way there. It's a good thing I did because what I found surprised even me. All the same Mickey decorations I had found at the Party outlet were there... and for a fraction of the cost. Here's an example... A package of Mickey Cups - Outlet price = $3.79, Wal-mart price = $1.68.

While I was standing in the aisle, I started really thinking about what I was buying. I passed on the $1.99 Mickey Plates for the $1 Happy Birthday Plates. I'm returning the expensive cake plates I got for the cheaper $1 package I found. I figure since I'm taking a couple things back to the outlet store anyway, I might as well go all out and return all the over priced stuff. Now that I'm home, I've done some more comparing and it looks like I'll be returning almost my entire purchase. Taking the time to return stuff is well worth it when you can find it some place else for half the price. Good thing my cart steered itself toward the party aisle!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails