Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday Savings...

I was super surprised this morning when I finally ventured out to find most of the parking lots pretty empty. I hate crowds, so I was trying to get myself pumped up for holiday crowds. Luckily, the lines were short and people were pretty friendly. I only hit 3 stores - Michaels, Walgreens, and CVS. Since I have most of my holiday shopping done, it was just a few trips for some small items and planned weekly deals.

At Michaels I found a couple more small things for our nephews birthday, a couple stocking stuffers, annual ornament gifts for several people, and a couple project cases. They had a 20% off coupon for the entire purchase, even sale items, so it went well. I didn't actually save all that much, but I like the deals I got.

Walgreens turned in to a much bigger shopping trip than I planned. I doubled up some Walgreen's coupons with some manufacturers coupons to save, but the items I was buying were a little more expensive than usual, so the total bill was higher than I planned. Some of the deals I took advantage of...
* Crest Whitestrips - $31.99 - $6 Wag's coupon - $5 mfc coupon -- I've been wanting to whiten my teeth and this seemed like the best deal I'd find.
* Zicam Swabs - $9.99 - $1 Mfc. Coupon. I was supposed to get $2 in Register Rewards, but I don't think she gave them to me. I'd go back, but it would probably cost me more in gas and might be hard to prove at this point
*Hunts Tomato Sauce - $0.29 each with Wags coupon.
* Kleenex - $0.89 each with Wags coupons
* Wrapping Paper - Buy 1 @ $1.99, get 2 free!!! - This is as good or better than most after Christmas sales, and we needed it, so I stocked up on 6 rolls total for less than $4

I ended up buying some gift items for my family and some other winter items that we needed. In all, I saved $30.16 and have a $10 rebate on the way.

CVS was a quick trip. I needed to pick up a new power toothbrush for Tim. It wasn't on sale, but it was needed. I did stumble on some dehydrated fruits (Troy used to love these) in cute Mickey packaging that I think will replace candy in the kids stockings. They were on sale for $0.25 a package. By using some ECB, I ended up saving $21.66 and walking out paying just $10.80.

All in all, a smooth trip in half the time I expected. Now time to inventory all

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails