Thursday, August 7, 2008

Clipping Coupons

I have to confess that I'm not being very green when it comes to coupon clipping. Most of the time, I end up pulling out the circular ads and putting the rest straight in to the recycling bin. Some times I do flip through the business and local sections to see what's new in town, but I mainly just want the coupons. When there is a good week with lots of coupons I almost get giddy.

Some of my circulars go unopened, but the usuals - Meijer, CVS, Walgreens, Target - get a good work out. I typically scan the ad, go through and pull coupons, and then rescan the ad to see if there are any "double deals" (things that are on sale and have coupons). I look through the circulars to see if there are any price matching opportunities and only save the ones that might apply. Some weeks this takes longer than others, but it's usually worth it.

I've been rethinking my coupon clipping. There are a lot of things that end up in the recycle bin because they aren't items I use or they are for things I don't need. Then I sit here longing for a stray paper with duplicates of the ones I commonly use. So, I thought, why not set up a coupon exchange. If any one is interested, please post the type of coupons you commonly use and a way to get a hold of you so I can get addresses. Also, I'll post a Monday request list, so hold on to your Sunday papers for an extra day if you would.

Things I'm commonly looking for:
- Diapers
- Contonelle
- Cleaning products

Things I usually have available:
- Toothpaste
- Make-up
- Hair products
- Pet products
- Saline solutions

Hopefully this will work out and we can all save a few extra pennies (or dollars).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails