Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wow! I just read my last post... from almost TWO years ago. I don't know where the time has gone. Oh, wait! Yes I do... facebook. Yikes. It's hilarious looking back. I never did become that mom. I'm not really sure what kind of mom (or woman) I've become, but I will admit that the gym didn't work out and the house is rarely clean.

I'm still home. Troy is in first grade and Addison is in her last year of preschool. Every day of every year is new, uncharted territory. I have gotten involved with a direct sales company that I LOVE. It gives me a chance to get out of the house a little, keeps me busy, and gives me something of my own. I had to admit that I'm the type of person that needs rewards. I have to have something to strive and succeed at and, lets be honest, being Mom is not the most rewarding job at times.

I've also moved in to a semi-caretaker role for my 93 year old grandma. She's still amazingly independent, but now that she's not driving I have jumped in to the role of shopper, chauffeur, and more. There is a lot of drama that goes with that role and it's consumed a lot of the last couple years, but it's worth it. I think I'm teaching the kids an important lesson too.

I have a lot more lots and a lot more to write (and hopefully more often) but that's a quick catch-up of where we are now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails