Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We made the switch!

I was pretty fed up with the billing practices and customer service of Dish Network, so we recently made the switch to Direct TV. There are actually more differences between the two than I realized. We're not 100% pleased with the changes, but we're making the most of it. One of the biggest advantages of Direct TV is that they carry the Fox Business channel, which allows us to get a daily dose of Dave. Tim listens to him on the radio during the day, but for me this is my only time to listen to him.

It's been interesting to hear the different people that call in to the show. It's nice because it's a live show, so he's addressing current economic issues. In a lot of ways, it's been good for my emotional outlook. It's easy to get caught up in how we can be doing more, feeling bad about how we should really cut back our grocery budget, dealing with guilt over not being more "gazelle-like". Then I hear calls from people with credit card debts of $50K+ or $1000/month car payments. Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about where we are in the process. I have to keep reminding myself that while we aren't eating rice and beans, we're still being very aggressive at paying off our debt. There was a point in my life where I would have never imagined surviving without a credit card. And the idea of not taking the full 30 years to pay off my school loan seemed like crazy talk. Now there is actually end in sight, I've actually started to think about what we want to do when we're debt free (yes, there is a post on it's way). Wow! Debt Free. I like the sound of that.

If you don't get Fox Business Channel, you can catch episodes of Dave here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails