Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Starting off the New Year with Savings!!!

The trip to Florida was great (read: warm) and very relaxing, but now it's back to reality. With today being Tim's last day of vacation and Troy being in school, I took advantage of the opportunity to hit up my favorite stores.


* Progresso Soup - $1.25 with Wag's Coupon - $1.10 on-line coupon = $0.15 each
* Airwick Lumin Flameless Candle - $9.99 - $3 coupon (peelie on box) - $3 Rebate = Like paying $3.99
* Kellogs Cereal (Select varieties) - 4/$10 - $3RR - $1 coupon (on 2 of 4 boxes) = Like paying 4/$5 (You could save even more if you have multiple papers)
* Motts Apple Juice - $1.79 each with Wag's coupon
* Buy $20 worth of select products, receive $10 RR
* Aleve - On sale for $8 - $1 coupon = $7
* Flinstone - On sale for $5 - $1 coupon = $4
* One-a-Day Vitamins - On sale for $7 - $1 coupon = $6
* Flinstones - On sale for $5
(There is some thing about a rebate in the paper; I think I'll get half back on the items above.)
Total Saved: $41.95 plus earned $13 in Register Rewards


There wasn't much exciting in the ad this week, so I stuck to just a few things...
* CVS brand diapers - BOGO 1/2 off. These are the kind Troy likes, so I got 2 big boxes
* Garnier Fructis Shampoo - On sale for $2.99 - $2 ECB (A lot of people mentioned a coupon in the paper, but I didn't have on in mine. If you do, this would be "free")
* Johnson's Baby Wash - On sale for $2.99 - $1.50 coupon I got in the mail = $1.49
I used several ECB I had previously earned, including the new ones just released. Total Saved: $33.28 plus earned $2 in ECB


There are several deals, but nothing super exciting. Our fridge was bear, though, so I had to go. Here's what I found:
* Huggies - Buy 2 big boxes on sale for $19.69 each plus 1 box of wipes on sale for $8 and get a $10 gift card. The sale price comes out to $0.19/diaper for size 3, which is the cheapest I've found it so this is a good deal even before the gift card.
* 10 for $10, plus 11th free deals: Popcorn, celery, carrots, Meijer pop-tarts, Red Gold Tomatoes, mushrooms. There are a lot others included, but these are the ones I needed
* Salad Mix (yes, I'm lazy) - Regularly $1.99, on sale for $1 each
* Lunch meat - Regularly $1.79, on sale for $1.50 - $0.35 coupon (doubled) = $0.80
* Cottonelle - Regularly $7.49, on sale for $6 - $0.50 coupon (doubled) = $5
* Eggo Waffles - Regularly $3.23 on sale for $2.50
* GE Compact Smart Lightbulbs - Regularly $8.99 on sale for $7 - $1 coupon = $6

There are several other deals, but I'm working on not buying things just because they are on sale. I just realized that I had huggies coupons I could have used (to save another $2.50 total) that I forgot. Bummer!!! Oh well. Maybe I'll go back and stock up on more. It is a good deal and Addison will be in them for a while, right? Total saved: $71.34 plus earned $10 gift card

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails