Monday, December 29, 2008

Wags & CVS in one shot

I know it's been quiet around here, but it's been the holidays. There have been a lot of savings, but no time to write. Last night after the kids went to bed I made a quick run to CVS and Walgreen's. They are right across the street from each other, so that's easy to do. I was looking for a few things at each place. I didn't find all I was looking for, but did get some good deals...

CVS:
* Pantene - On sale 2/$7 - $3 Coupon = 2/$4 plus received $2ECB, Like $1 each. (This is a great deal. It was nice to splurge on a product I love)

I checked out the Aveno that was on sale for $3.99 (Regularly $5.49), but was looking for the baby wash. Only the lotions were included in the sale and I still have a lot of that right now. There were a lot of other deals, but I didn't need much this week. For a full list check out here. I didn't spend enough to use my $3 off $15 purchase, but that is good for a little while so I didn't want to fill up on things I didn't need. In all, I spent $7.78, saved $8.31 (52%) and earned $2 ECB.

Walgreens:
If you need any cough & cold products, this is the week to stock up at Walgreens. Vick's products are on sale, plus you get $5 in RR if you spend $15 and $10 in RR if you spend $20. Use the coupon from recent papers ($1.50 off cough and cold PLUS free tissue with purchase of 2 Vicks products) and save even more. I had a jerk checking me out, so I ended up forgetting my coupons but there are good opportunities to save.
* Vicks plug in vaporizer - On sale for $7
* Vicks NyQuil/DayQuil - On sale for $6
* Vicks refil pads for plug in - On sale for $4
* Childrens Benedryl - On sale for $3.99 (I don't know the regular price, but I think it's quite a bit more than this)

Then I got sucked in to the 75% off After Christmas Sale. They had a lot of things I could use or needed for next year, so I stocked up on some things.
* Holiday Socks (a regular gift for my mom) - Regularly 3/$10, on sale for $0.83 each
* LED light bulbs - On sale for $3.74 each
* Curling ribon - On sale for $0.16 each
* Holiday serving plates - On sale for $0.24 - $0.49

In all I ended up spending more than I wanted, but I picked up several things I needed at a price I couldn't pass up. I spent $56.04 and saved $74.43 (57%)

I love after Christmas sales!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails