Monday, August 11, 2008

Savings

The majority of my savings lately have been on child-related items. Today I saved $20 on Huggies at CVS/pharmacy and earned $5 ECB. Most of that was sale price, but $7 of it was from coupons.

I also have saved really big this month on children's clothes, thanks to Baby Cheapskate . I got 2 pair of Stride Rite shoes for about $30 (including shipping) for Troy and a nice group of clothes for both kids from The Children's Place. The clothes were a mix of stuff for now and a few for next summer. I ended up getting over $60 worth of clothes for $24 including shipping. Not a bad deal.

The other place I tend to save a lot is Meijer (even though I don't like their price matching policies). I'm finding more and more savings hidden in the general merchandise section of the ad. Last week I save $3 instantly when I bought 2 packs of batteries and another $5 instantly on Crayola products when I bought $15 (we needed both, so it made sense for us). This week you can save $10 on shoes when you buy $10 in Coke. If you need/eat Wheat Things or Triscuits, this would be a good deal because you can get the Coke for $3.99 per case.

A few other deals to watch for at Meijer:
- Doritos - BOGO free -- has me thinking TACO SALAD
- Kraft Singles - 1/2 off
- Seedless watermelon - $2.79 each (save $3.20)
- Buy 2 Maxwell or Seattle's Best coffee, get 5lb sugar free
- Chicken Breast - BOGO free
- Aunt Millies Bread - BOGO free (*Coupon in circular)
- Kool-Aid - 20 for $2

There are a lot of other good deals, but those are the ones I'm considering. I need to look at our menu for the week. That Taco Salad is really sounding good, though, so I may be making a trip to Meijer this week. We'll see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails